21 Jul Another Wine Quiz
Let’s see how much your wine knowledge has improved. Have you been studying? Are you already a self-proclaimed wine expert? Find out what you know by taking this quiz of more wine questions! Answers will be at the bottom so you can test your knowledge or your friends!
- Prosecco is an extra dry style of sparkling wine. True or False?
- Why do we aerate wine?
- How many grape varieties are permitted in a bottle of Chateauneuf-du-Pape?
- In Champagne Blanc de Blancs, what grape variety is used?
- What is it called to taste several vintages from the same estate?
- What is the most expensive bottle of wine ever sold?
- What is a ‘sommelier’?
- In what type of barrels is wine usually aged?
- What is the difference between Champagne and sparkling wine?
- More red wine is consumed than white, globally. True or False?
Alright, how many of these do you think you got right? Take some time, go back over them. Have you learned anything recently that helped you answer these? Are there any you just aren’t sure about? Let’s look at the answers.
- False. In the prosecco production area in northeast Italy, extra dry is actually sweeter than brut, so if you like a dry style make sure to look for brut on the label.
- When wine has contact with air it increases the flavors and aromas.
- It used to be 13 varieties, but they have upped the number to 18 varieties allowed. These contribute to the wine’s structure, fragrance, and freshness.
- This Champagne is made entirely from chardonnay.
- A vertical tasting
- At $558,000, a 1945 Romanee-Conti was sold in 2018.
- A person in a restaurant with specialist knowledge of wine. An expert.
- There is no difference, the term Champagne is only applied to sparkling wines that have been produced in the Champagne region of France.
Looking to Purchase Stemware?
Contact us at 865-671-7684